During a 17-year corporate career in Pharmaceuticals and Medical Devices, Gareth developed a reputation for building and leading top-performing commercial organisations, consistently exceeding performance expectations against P&Ls measured in the tens and hundreds of millions of pounds.
Driving this has been his ability, time after time, to secure enhanced deal outcomes when negotiating eight-figure contracts both in the UK and around the world.
Ever enthusiastic to share his skills with others, Gareth has a proven ability for developing the people that he leads both as Negotiators and in their broader Commercial capabilities. Testimonials from former colleagues and current clients of Brass Tacks Negotiation – his Negotiation Training Consultancy –
speak to his capability and passion as a coach and a leader.
Gareth offers an impactful, low-maintenance solution both as a Non-Executive Director and as a Management Consultant.
Areas of Expertise:
- Negotiation: Training, Coaching and Execution
- Building Sales Organisations: Candidate Screening, Recruitment Process, Org Design, Navigating Change, Defining Success & Creating a “fit for purpose” Salesforce Excellence Model
- Career Coaching: Specialising in New/Aspirant People Managers and Early Career Professionals (Millennials)
- Distributor Excellence: Partner Selection, Contract Negotiation, Performance Optimisation & Troubleshooting
- Leadership of Sales & Marketing Organisations
- Pharmaceutical & Medical Device Pricing Initiatives: Analysis, Alignment, Messaging & Execution
- Business Development Projects
Companies that have benefited from Gareth’s expertise include:
• Baxter Healthcare • Bayer • Merck Sharp & Dohme • Medtronic • Abbott Laboratories • Clinigen • The Rainbow Trust • Quanta Dialysis Technologies • Chiesi Pharmaceuticals • Thermo Fisher Scientific • Summ.it Assist LLP